Tuesday, October 11, 2011

barthelona

the shimmer of my birthday is slowly wearing off but i do have a fiesta tomorrow to look forward too. it's eduardo's birthday today, so tomorrow we're obviously having a joint party at pilar's house next door. what else would i be doing on my day off from school? getting drunk.

my weekend in barcelona might have been my most enjoyable weekend yet. since we flew out on friday morning, it felt like we were there for so long compared to last weekend in germany. and of course the fact that it was my birthday weekend made it exponentially more exciting. well, for me at least. here's a quick run down of my #weekendfromheaven. 

friday: BIRTHDAY DUH. 
  • me and kim arrived at her friend's BEAUTIFUL apartment where we're staying for the weekend. the fact that it had a shower where i could outstretch my arms made it an upgrade from marisol's house. sins. 
  • my besties from madrid were staying in a hostel so after droppin off my shizz i met up with them and we headed to do some sightseeing. we saw la sagrada familia which was designed by gaudi, but he died before it was finished. the architecture of this church was completely different from any other church i've ever seen. so so beautiful and well worth the 13 euros. 
  • friday night we went to a restaurant for dinner and then were planning on heading to a shot bar and a club on the beach. let me preface this by saying that the club we wanted to go to was rumored to have a dress code of all white, as a theme sensation white weekend. therefore, i wore white all weekend. continuing...we made our way to the shot bar and it was BEYOND crowded. i quickly realized that there was no way i was gonna get birthday drunk standing in a hot, sweaty bar, so naturally i went to the completely empty bar next door and took three shots chased with lemon wedges. then we walked through the ghetto where we screamed colt 45 lyrics and i bought 1 euro beers from a street walker until reached the white themed club. SURPRISE, hardly anyone was wearing white. (yes, i sacrificed my adorable bday outfit for nothing. bitter.) we ultimately ended up at the club next door which was a great decision because i ran into probably 12 people i knew, two of which were from high school. either i'm really popular, or the world is too small. loved this place because you could get a stamp and walk right onto the beach. where you would buy more 1 euro beers. obviously, that's where i spent most of my time. i got the perfect amount of intoxicated and got to be with all my friends. what more could a birthday girl ask for? 
saturday:

  • i was actually functional on the day after my birthday for the first time in two years which was good, because i needed to continue to see barca. we headed to parc guell, another place influenced by gaudi. this was a treck to say the least but it was worth it. when we were at the top there was a crystal clear view of the entire city. thus, making it a great photo opp. and what else would i care about. jkbutseriously. 
  • saturday night was sensation white. basically the entire reason i was in barcelona for the weekend. i bought my ticket in june and had been counting down the days since.  after planning an outfit and worrying about if i would be too overwhelmed by my first big raaaave...i am glad to report that it was one of the most fun nights of my life. i have never and probably will never experience anything like it. besides the part where my ticket wouldn't scan and i was all alone outside trying to communicate with spaniards to let me into the damn venue, there were NO problems the entire night. everything was as amazing as i had expected. things were lit on fire, people were floating from the ceiling, blue neon foam things were being swayed in my face, bass was shaking my entire body, and when i say i didn't stop dancing for 7 hours, i'm not exaggerating for once. we were on the main floor and at one point, in the front row. i could have touched the artichoke shaped stage! and the best part? in a crowd of 17,000 people, i managed to see so many familiar faces from my madrid program and even from nova. i could not have asked for a more successful night. 
  • to top it all off, i ended my night with a falafel. #winning.
sunday: 
  • i was the TIREDEST GIRL IN SPAIN. my legs were sore and my back was aching, but still completely worth it.
i honestly wasn't ready to get back on a plane to madrid because barcelona was so amazing but now that i'm back, i'm really looking forward to having the next two weekends here. minus the part where it's still 87 degrees and doesn't seem to be cooling down any time soon. I NEED FALL. 

pics of course: 
birthday betch. 
view from parc guell.
inside of sagrada familia.
sensation. 

gehls. 

real. life.  





No comments:

Post a Comment