Thursday, October 6, 2011

no more teens

i know, i've been slacking on the blog front this week. but honestly, nothing too exciting has happened. i went to a cooking class and actually made delicious paella with no help at all the help of a professional. and i also learned how to make sangria, which my roomies for next year should look forward too. i think i'm getting the sniffles (just in time for my birthday weekend of course) so i haven't done much lately unfortunately. minus last night. where i drank enough to think i was a video vixen on the dance floor. let's just say i left a large part of my dignity at club gabana. sins.

tomorrow is the most anticipated birthday of the year though. unless you count jesus' birthday. yep, that's right, i will finally be out of my teenage years. overcome the epidemic of teenage pregnancy. one step closer to not breaking the law every time i have a beer. and what's better than turning 20 abroad? turning 20 in barcelona with all your friends from all different parts of life and then going to a european rave the next day. my life really is rough. my mother might have a heart attack this weekend because she is convinced that i'll die. but i'm really hoping to prove her wrong and if this weekend is anything like last weekend, it should be a success.

before i siesta i need to give a shoutout to the villanova supernovas, aka the greatest acapella group in existence. after class today i checked my mailbox and saw that i had a package. i immediately thought that my parents sent me a bday gift but i was surprised to see a fed ex envelope. and that the postmark was from bryn mawr. i opened it to find a pile of letters, one from each member of my acapella group. obviously, i started to cry a lil bit because you can't deny that that's the most thoughtful thing ever. they weren't even letters saying happy birthday. they were just letters saying "hey we miss ya" and it will undoubtedly be the best present i get this year.

ps: in order to make this a surprise they managed to get a hold of my little brother on facebook and get my address. i can't believe a group of people likes me enough to make such an effort. baffling. couldn't be more lucky.

you know you love me,
xoxo
spanish girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment