Monday, November 21, 2011

reunited and it feels so good

so i would start off by telling you about my day trip on friday to chinchon, but that would require me to remember anything other than the fact that i woke up an hour late, still drunk, ran to my bus, made a fool of myself to everyone on my program, was hungover all day, and then ate a huge lunch in a cave. cool life? this weekend we balled out because it was our last weekend all together before finals. welp, that's the saddest sentence i've typed all day. i wish i could say i did more than go out all night, sleep in late, watch tv online, rally, and then go out all night again...actually i don't wish i could say that. this weekend was a great time. but the best part of it was surprisingly not my fleeting romance with my dream spanish husband alberto, but last night when my family arrived in madrid! believe it or not, i miss the poop out of my crazy family, especially with thanksgiving coming up. i'd be lying if i said i wasn't jealous of the fact that all my friends are at home, driving down 280, smoking their medicinal marijuana, drinking in garages, making smores, and catching up. but then i remember that that will be me in 26 short days. and then i remember how much i'm gonna miss this semester. and then i cry inside. jk. but seriously.

today i skipped my last class of the day to meet up with the rents and lil broski and we went to the royal palace of madrid. i can't believe it was my first time there all semester! this place was almost as big as the palace of versailles and had a crazy armory room as well. i'm sort of a palace brat at this point so it was refreshing to have my family there, with their jaws dropped, to remind me of how incredible it really was. just because i've seen three enormous palaces in the past 10 days doesn't make them ordinary. after that we went to plaza mayor and ordered some traditional spanish food. and by we ordered i mean i ordered. did i mention none of them can speak spanish? no pressure or anything...

tonight i will attempt to explain the metro system to my mom and we're going out for tapas and sangria with some friends in la latina, the only place we take parents to eat because we don't ever spend that money when it's just us. sins. and tomorrow we take on parque de retiro and the museo del prado. wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment