Friday, December 16, 2011

closing time

well, it's here. the time i have dreaded. it's finally hitting me. all my bags are packed and i'm uploading the last of my madrid photos to my computer. i cannot fathom that i'm waking up at 6am and leaving madrid. up until this point there has been a little bit of excitement about going home but in this moment i actually don't feel any. the worst part is i'm not even crying, i'm just literally the saddest. not even a final purchase at zara could make me smile.

last night could not have been more of a successful last hurrah. the girls decorated their apartment like christmas, got a gin bucket together, and everyone that i could have wanted to be there was there. we went to pacha and danced the night away together. twas fabulous. i think the people on this program are a big part of what made this semester so fun and memorable. we have our own lil fambam. saying bye to people tonight is where the tears are gonna start flowing. we had a final lunch today with our entire program and the IES faculty. that's when it sunk in that i'm not gonna see these people ever again. these people that have had a pretty large impact on my life for the past 4 months. sharing an experience like this together created such interesting friendships. we'll always have madrid.


this blog has definitely served its purpose. and i'm proud of myself for sticking with it. i know years from now i'll love the fact that i can read it and reminisce. i might even keep writing it back home, just because organizing my thoughts and writing them here really is nice. and because when people read it i feel popular. obvi. 


i feel like i should be writing more but i really can't even express the million things running through my head right now. deciding to spend my fall semester here was one of the best decisions i have ever made. the highs were so high, and the lows were devastatingly low, but i can honestly say that i'm leaving here with no regrets. there's nothing i would go back and change. everything that has happened this semester has happened for a reason, even though i might never know what those reasons are.  i've learned so much about myself. i've traveled throughout europe. i've formed wonderful friendships. and i've appreciated it all.


it's been real, madrid. thanks for giving me the time of my life.

sunset from the best rooftop in madrid

No comments:

Post a Comment