Monday, September 19, 2011

back to school. finally.

the fact that today was my first day of classes is actually a joke. but i'm sure as hell not complaining about having the longest summer ever. today marks the end of my dream, fake, princess life in spain and the beginning of my real, all classes in spanish, hard knock life. (who am i kidding, i'm still in europe...)

however, since i haven't blogged all weekend there are a few things to catch up on.

wednesday night: can you say white-girl-wasted? cause i know i can. granted, if you know me, you know this isn't a new discovery. although, for the 50 people on my trip that don't know me, i'm sure it was a pleasant surprise...right? there was a party thrown by some organization for all american students studying in madrid and everyone took full advantage of the free drinks. or at least i did. and yes, i said free drinks. since i've been living in a city where a drink at a club can cost upwards of 8 euro (11 dollars) i wasn't going to pass up anything for free. especially not real bottled wine. oh, and did i mention it was at THE most expensive club in madrid? #highrollers. thank god i didn't completely black out embarrass myself though. just browned out hard. in front of the entire staff of my program. and all the people on my program. and every american in madrid. yeah. oh, but the bright side: i look somewhat sober in almost all the pictures. which is obviously my top priority.

friday: day trip to segoviaAaAa!! this was my programs first say trip and since i'm missing the next one to valencia because i'll be at oktoberfest (poor me) i was really looking forward to it. my expectations were beyond met because this place was the sh!t. it's so completely different from madrid and it was actually refreshing. all the streets are cobblestone and there are roman aquaducts still in tact. roman. than means freakin ancient. there's no better way to spend a 90 degree friday without classes than in a castle. not kidding. stalk my facebook for pictures. if you're not friends with me on facebook, you should feel creepy for reading this. we're clearly not real friends.

both friday an saturday night consisted of a hard pregame that lasted too long to get into any clubs for free. i never thought getting to a discoteca before 1:30am could be such a struggle. guess we're adapting well. and since covers cost upwards of 15 euro (21 dollars) lord knows i'm not going if it aint free. both nights weren't complete failures though. i still managed to: eat shit and scab my knee over, get some free shots, dance to american music at an irish bar, drink mojitos the size of a small child, eat churros con chocolate, twice, see mr. russell quinones, and spend two gorgeous afternoons laying and playing in parque de retiro.

my life be like oooohh ahhh.

pictures i stole from friends: aka shannon walsh.


wasted wednesday

love?

NOVA TAKES MADRID

best sangria yet. 





No comments:

Post a Comment