Thursday, August 4, 2011

i will never be a wedding planner

well it's official, the walk from my parked car to my front porch in the dark is officially the scariest 10 seconds of my daily routine. too many episodes of Lie to Me.

anyway, i have realized recently that going abroad means i need to plan shit. and planning shit is anything but my forte. i haven't even begun to figure out what i am doing in terms of a cell phone, or how i'm gonna get my birth control, or how i'm supposed to use my debit card over there. but i have managed to almost completely plan my birthday weekend in barcelona. snaps for me.  oktoberfest planning, however, has proven to be a far larger pain in my ass. i am used to being the person that follows the plans last minute. someone tells me to be ready in five minutes because we're going out, and by god i'll be ready in four and a half minutes. (at least 90% of the time.) this whole thing where i'm texting four people trying to organize a weekend to travel from spain to germany and work on figuring out how much everyone will owe me after i charge our tent, yes i said tent not hotel, on my credit card, is exhausting. i really hope i don't need to be in charge of booking any more weekends that will provide me with a lifetime of memories. i really hope that i will be sitting back, enjoying the ride on all my other european adventures. sorry if that's lazy. actually i'm not.

this doesn't happen to me when i plan...

1 comment:

  1. you and I both know that the only reason you get ready in 4 and a half minutes is so you can take shots for the next 30 seconds, even if that means doing it by yourself in mere's room

    ReplyDelete