Friday, August 19, 2011

MOMA

i realized today that shouldn't have bitched so much about going to the SFMOMA, also known as, the san francisco museum of modern art. first of all, it has a good abbreviation and i like everything abbreviated. second of all, i had the opportunity to get in touch with my artistic side.  believe it or not, this bitch appreciates the finer things in life. not necessarily classical music or bottled wine, but definitely art.  of course, i ran into my high school literature teacher while i was there and she coincidentally taught my "lit and the arts" class. the fact that i chose to take that class four years ago made me remember that i used to really like art. and then it made me remember that i get to take an art history class in spain. and then i got really excited. anyway, back to my ex-teach. to say that this woman is passionate about anything that has to do with dance, music, or anything art related is a huge understatement. she made me do an interpretive dance for a project once and it represented the downfall of lady macbeth...i wish i was kidding. i also wish i was kidding when i tell you she showed it to all of her other sections.  however, i'm pretty sure her stellar college rec is the only reason i got into a good school. so, i owe her.

maybe it was seeing a blast from the past or maybe it was the incredibly detailed audio tour i was listening to, but something made me find this afternoon to be anything but a waste of time. i even managed to declare my favorite piece of matisse artwork. (try and tell me i don't sound kla$$y when i say that.)

in honor of the recent rekindling of my appreciation for the arts, i have posted a picture of the first piece of artwork i ever purchased.  i bought this in boulder, colorado my senior year from a homeless man. and i fully intend on keeping it forever.
wanna name him?


No comments:

Post a Comment